MIKE PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING YOU PLEASE GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK. I WILL PAY THE POSTAGE!!!! WE REALLY NEED IT I HAVE 3 SMALL CHILDREN.
I paid Mike Durrant of Precision Concrete of Delaware close to $2,000 for a concrete job. A basketball pad for my 6 year-old to play on.
After months of no progress and poor communication I decided to go with someone closer to home. He said he would "refund" my deposit. This was June 28th. Well here is it July 25th and guess what. . .no money.
Of course the weather played a part in the delay and I understand things happened, but the bottom line is this guy still has my money after we agreed he would return it. I mean how hard is it to simply write a check and mail it.
At one point there was a medical situation as per a text message. Well my wife is s doctor in Wilmington and checked the hospitals, no Michael Durrant.. Just saying...
Below is a timeline. Not every communication is here but it gives the general idea.
4/26/13 - I paid Mike Durrant of Precision Concrete of Delaware $1,900 for a concrete job; a basketball pad for my 6 year-old to play on.
After months of no progress and poor communication I decided to go with someone closer to home. He said he would "refund" my deposit. This was June 28th. Well here is it July 26th and I have yet to receive my money
Of course the weather played a part in the delay and I understand things happened, but the bottom line is this guy still has my money after we agreed he would return it.
Below is a time line of events:
4/13/13 – received contract from Mike Durrant dba Precision Concrete of Delaware detailing work to be complete.
4/26/13 – Mike visited my home to take measurements. I provided Mike with a check for $1,900 and he cashed it that day.
5/?/13 – Mike said he had a truck coming the next day, but I told him the job could not be complete because the ground was too wet from the rain. He even said we should wait 3 days for the ground to dry out so this made no sense as to why he had a truck set to come the day after rain.
6/1/13 – Called Mike since I had not heard from him and got cut off. He texted me saying he was in a “bad area” and would call me the next day when he got home. He did not call me.
6/9/13 – Sent a text asking where we stand with the job, - no response.
6/10/13 - sent an email asking about the job. I also called Mike, I think more than once from my phone on this day and he did not answer.
6/11/13 - I used my wife’s phone and left a message. He called back my wife’s phone and said the job was still on his radar. I was satisfied with that; I just wanted to know the job would get done. He said he was on a job In VA.
6/20/13 – I sent Mike an email indicating the weather was good to see if he might be able to do something. – no response. Later that day I sent another email asking if he could get the job done during the next stretch of clear weather. – No response.
6/21/13 – I sent Mike another email early in the morning asking when the job done. He replied and said he was “looking to see” what day the following week. I waited all day with no response. At this point, I got the feeling the job would not get done anytime soon. I felt he might be waiting for another job in the area so it would be more cost effective to complete my job. I then decided it would be best for me to get my money back so I sent an email requesting my money back at 9:39 pm.
I did not hear anything from Mike and my check never arrived. There was no communication.
6/27/13 – My wife called Mike and he told her he was on vacation and the phone connection was cut off.
6/28/13 – requested my money back via email and voicemail again.
6/28/13 – This was a Friday. Mike said he would put the check in the mail on Monday, July 1st. (not sure why he couldn’t just write a check and drop it in the mail Saturday)
7/5/13 – Still had not received check, sent a text message. Someone claiming to be Mike’s wife said he was admitted to the hospital Sunday 6/30 with pneumonia and he had to have surgery on 7/5 to re-inflate a lung. (my wife is a doctor in Wilmington and occasionally works at Christiana hospital. She called the hospital and was informed that no one by the name Michael Durrant was registered there.) it is possible this surgery could have taken place at another facility, but would seem odd since Christiana is the closest hospital to Bear, DE and a collapsed lung is a big deal. The person responding to my texts said he/she would talk to Mike that night or the morning of 7/6/13.
7/6/13 – Did not receive any communication from Mike or the person claiming to be his wife and no response to a text I sent at 5:17pm.
7/7/13 – Sent text and email asking where my money is. – no response.
From 7/7/13 – at this point, I have sent numerous text messages and an email most with no response. The few responses I have received have been small phase excuses such as “workin’ on it”.
7/12 – Left one final voice mail, text and email to explain I needed to have my money by Tuesday July 23. I offered to pay for the postage to have the money sent over night.
7/26 – No communication from Precision Concrete and I have not receive my money.
I think this guy thinks I am wealthy and will just write this off.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Concrete Job
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "We have a Marvin sliding glass patio door that's 6 years old. While I was at home reading around 7:30 the other night, I heard a big pop. The door's..."
- "We had Carlton install our pool in 2005 in 2008in cracked in 2009 it cracked and leaked Carlton said use the pool over the summer we'll chip out the cracks..."
- "Jim Walter and Companies have built a defective home in so many ways that it can not be repaired and needs to be torn down it is unsafe and a..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."